Happy Creek Police Camp
In February, 1889 a new Police Camp opened at Happy Creek near Camooweal on the Queensland Border, chiefly for the purpose of collecting revenue on goods passing at that place, from Queensland into the Northern Territory, but it will also afford protection to a portion of the settled country in the south east part of the Northern Territory.
It was situated about 30 miles from the Austral Downs Homestead.
It closed in October, 1903. Prepared from records held by the Northern Territory Police Museum and Historical Society in January, 2007